An Edinburgh man has died and his wife is fighting for her life after a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a holiday home in Spain.
The body of Jaime Carsi, 40, was found by emergency crews at the property on the island of Majorca on Saturday and Mary Somerville, 39, was discovered next to him.
Ms Somerville is still in a serious condition at Manacor Hospital’s intensive care unit on the island.
The couple are understood to have been staying in a house in Cala Mesquida in the northeast of Majorca.
Mr Carsi, who described himself on social media as being from Madrid but living in Edinburgh, worked for a Scottish investment firm.
Edinburgh Interfaith Association paid tribute to Mr Carsi on Facebook.
A post said: “[Jaime] was such a pure soul. He was a very warm and friendly person, full of compassion.
“He had a way of connecting with people and you always felt better about yourself after talking with Jaime.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Mary and all his friends and loved ones.”
One friend posted a picture of the couple on Facebook, saying: “You will be smiling at us from up there too. You left us too soon.”
The woman also passed on her “prayers and blessings” and “hope and faith” to Ms Somerville.
Another friend described Mr Carsi as a “magnificent soul”.
She added: “Jaime Carsi came into my life, and took up residence in my heart, so many years ago in London.
“His smile and spirit are pure love. And when he married our precious Edinburgh girl, sweet Mary, it was a match made in heaven. You left us too soon my little one.”
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office has been contacted for comment.
This story originally appeared on Skynews