Apple has selected twelve winning apps and games across six categories for the Apple Design Awards.
Each WWDC, the best apps and games on the App Store compete for top honors from Apple. The winners were chosen from 36 finalists which demonstrated outstanding technical achievement.
“Apps and games are integral to how we live, work, and play. At Apple, we love to recognize outstanding developers whose apps reflect incredible creativity and design excellence,” said Susan Prescott, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations. “We want to celebrate each of this year’s Apple Design Award winners for crafting thoughtful app experiences and compelling gameplay, empowering and entertaining users everywhere.”
Apple Design Awards winners
Delight and Fun
There are six categories. Apple chose one game and one app from each as the winner of an Apple Design Award.
- Duolingo: delightful characters and games teach you language
- Afterplace: one-handed swipe controls in a vintage pixel adventure
- Flighty: beautifully designed travel app with Apple technology at its core
- Railbound: a polished puzzle game with simple controls
Visuals and Graphics
- Headspace: meditation and mindfulness with signature artwork
- Endling: a side scroller where a fox navigates a land damaged by environmental disaster and human impact
- SwingVision: AI tennis coaching powered by the Neural Engine and iPhone camera
- Marvel Snap: fantastic animations and delightful haptics combine in this collectible card game
This story originally appeared on Appleinsider